CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Little piggy

My youngest, who is now almost 14 months old, is (obviously) growing and picking new things up on a daily basis. I sometimes refer to him at Satan's spawn (mainly because he has the most devilish personality and attitude sometimes occasionally all the time), but to me, he and his brother are my WORLD!

Even with him being impossible at times, he is cracking me up SO hard!

Case in point:

The other day, I noticed him shoving waffles down his gullet as fast as he could. Since I had not given him any waffles, I was kind of curious to how in the hell he got them. I watched him toddle over to the printer (Yes, the ACTUAL printer hooked up to the computer), flip the lid down, pull out waffles, and shove them in his mouth!

Yeah. Now, I've heard of kids hiding toys in just about anything (my brother even made the drawer under the stove his toy box), but hiding food???? In the printer???? He's special. That's all I have to say.

He's also FASCINATED with water! All kinds. He's a regular water baby. He even automatically starts kicking his legs and frogging his way in the pool when I hold him in the water on his stomach. But in the bathtub, he's thrilled with playing with the water as it comes out of the spout. A few days ago, he even started leaning down, turning his head, and drinking out of the spout. Like a dog. Yeah, he's special.

He's also an expert at playing peek-a-boo. It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen, but he has his own special version. This is how you play: Grab mommy's head with both your fists. Hold REALLY tight and dig in your fingernails. Now put your head on the side of her head (ear to ear). Now really fast, swing your head so that you are now forehead to forehead, and grin like crazy and drool on her.


He also like to play torture-my-brother. He thinks it's hilarious to eyeball my oldest while he's watching his favorite show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, slowly walk or crawl to the TV while still watching him, and then jump in front of the TV and bang on it (often changing the channel) usually during an "exciting" moment in the show. Makes Dalton squeal and scream every time!

He also is a very crafty, sneaky child. He will walk or crawl to the door when I have it open smoking on the porch. I always tell him "No-no" when he tries to cross the threshold, and he is really good about stopping. He shoots me exasperated, dirty looks from time to time, but he does stop. Now, he will grab a toy (usually a ball) and try to chunk it out the door. His theory is if he throws something, I'll let him go outside to retrieve it. Every time, he will throw and then immediately go crawling after it. I've gotten really good at frisking him for toys and taking them away from him before he gets close to the door.

But NOW, he tries to fake you out. Seriously. He will take 1 ball and wave that all around to get your attention and then try to chunk it out the door. I grab it, turn and throw it back into the house, and he IMMEDIATELY takes the ball hidden in his other hand (See! I told you he's sneaky) and throw that out the door while you're occupied. If numerous people haven't seen this for themselves, then I would think it was a "one time" thing.


He is keeping me on my toes, for sure!

0 comments: