Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wow...what a crazy couple of weeks!

So, as you all know, Ryan Alexander is FINALLY here! He was born on May 31 at 8:04 pm, weighed a healthy 7lbs, 12oz, and was 19 and 3/4 inches. He wound up being about 2 weeks early, so if he had been born at 40 weeks, he would have been almost 9lbs!!

He is absolutely PERFECT! He looks just like Dean! :-) He has brown hair of course, and the same hairline as Dean. It's actually kind of funny looking at them together! lol He also has Dean's blue eyes. :-) I'm hoping he'll keep the blue eyes, but if not, brown will be ok too. lol

His delivery was kind of nuts. On the morning of the 30th, I had an NST done at my doctor's office in Texas City. I was on the machine for almost 2 1/2 hours, and he wasn't reacting the way they wanted him to, so they sent me to the hospital for more monitoring. Of course, I got there, and he decided to wake up and kick everywhere. (figures) lol I thought they were going to send me home like every other time, but the ultrasound they did showed he wasn't as active as they thought, so they went ahead and induced me at 3:20 that afternoon.....

...28 hours later, I still wasn't dilated past a 3 (which I had been dilated to for WEEKS), and he wasn't reacting very well to the pitocin, so I had to have a C-section. That was actually the last thing I wanted, so I cried a little bit. But definitely not much! lol I was ready for him to come OUT! lol It was weird being strapped down to a table and having a doctor poke me with a pushpin every couple of minutes and asking if I could feel it. lol He had to keep upping the meds until I was numb enough. It's so weird that even though you're numb and you don't feel the pain, you feel every part of the surgery. It's a lot of pushing, pulling, and a kind of a pressure feel. I don't think I'll ever forget the moment that I felt this incredible pressure, then it went away and I heard two little cries. I didn't cry when Dalton was born...I was too exhausted. This time I did. Dean was with me the whole time, and when the doctors cleaned Ryan up a bit, they let Dean hold him. :-) As soon as I get the hospital pics back, I'll post them.

After the C-section, I went to a recovery room. I don't really remember it....They had me drugged up pretty good and I couldn't stop shaking. lol It was definitely NOT funny then, but looking back on it, I'm sure I looked crazy. lol I remember my mom brought a Sonic cup in, and I almost took her head off! Gimme a was Saturday around 10:00 pm and I hadn't had ANYTHING to drink or eat since the day before around 7:00 am!!! I think everyone laughed, but I don't remember it...I think I fell asleep again. lol I didn't even get to hold Ryan until they moved me to a patient room around midnight!

My recovery in the hospital went pretty well. I hurt a lot of course, and I had some pretty WICKED swollen feet! (Omg! I've NEVER seen swelling so bad!!) The surgeon had bruised a nerve in my abdomen, so I couldn't really bend over at the waist for a week and a half, but that's a little better now too. As of right now we're all doing pretty well. :-) We're all exhausted though! I think the only person around here getting any sleep is Dalton! lol


Ashley said...

He is absolutely perfect! :)